That’s what they’re billed as, anyway, among all the other crazy laws over over at The Bizarre, although I’m starting to wonder if there’s an element of urban myth creeping in here…
- In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all
- In Nebraska, it’s illegal to go whale fishing. That’s the landlocked Nebraska, by the way…
- In New Jersey, It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season
- In Oblong, Illinois, it’s punishable by law to make love while hunting or fishing on your wedding day
- It’s illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing licence
Can anyone actually vouch for any of these, I wonder, or are people just making it up as they go along?